Wexford Opera House is Ireland’s first custom-built, multi-purpose opera house and home to the world-famous Wexford Festival Opera. The stunning landmark building is nestled into the heart of the beautiful harbour town of Wexford and offers two diverse performance spaces, the O’Reilly Theatre and the Jerome Hynes Theatre, as well as numerous meeting & hospitality facilities including a café and many bars.
VIP rooms are available for hire during any Wexford Opera House performance for private hospitality events. Open bar facilities can be arranged with settlement post performance for any group of 10 +. For more information on hospitality contact Aisling White on +353 53 916 3526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A state-of-the-art auditorium tactfully inserted into a dense, historic urban plan; a “secret gem” tucked away behind a reinstated street-front.
- All walnut-lined auditorium, calling to mind the interior of a stringed instrument.
- Lighting bridges within the room, precision-crafted to be shown off, like the bridges of a stringed instrument.
- Stage and forestage layout and technology allow the presentation of six different performances in a three day cycle.
- Excellent sight-lines, optimised for performance on the forestage, in accordance with the Wexford Festival Opera tradition.
- Horseshoe-shaped balconies, where the audiences in the upper levels are brought into better contact with the stage, enhance the performance experience for audiences and performers alike. This layout, which was largely abandoned in 20th Century design, enhances the atmosphere by populating the side walls of the auditorium, making the audience more ‘visible’ to itself.
- The operational flexibility given by the orchestra pit lifts, and the stage and backstage facilities, together with the horse shoe-shaped balconies, arguably qualify Wexford Opera House as Ireland’s first fully-specified purpose-built opera house.
Wexford Opera House Tours
Get YOUR backstage pass
Enjoy an intimate behind the scenes tour of Wexford Opera House with one of our passionate and dedicated tour guides, part of the renowned Wexford Opera Volunteer Corps, who will introduce you to what really happens behind the scenes and describe to you how Wexford came to own one of the most advanced and beautiful small opera houses in the world!
Visit all those restricted access areas including the orchestra pit, dressing rooms, green room and stand on the stage to see what really lies behind those opera sets! You will also sample the world-class acoustics of our two diverse performance spaces, The O'Reilly Theatre and The Jerome Hynes Theatre.
To book a tour please contact Box office on 053 912 2144 or email email@example.com.